Gnarls are half-gnolls. They have the strength and ferocity of a gnoll, but are less dull witted and much more socially accepted than their gnoll brothers. Gnarls stand between 5' 6" and 6' 8", though this is mostly due to their hunched posture. When a gnarl stands upright they tower over most races, between 6' and 7' 2" or so. Their skin is covered in a fur that ranges from golden to darker browns and blacks. Their eyes are usually darker colors such as browns and reds, though yellows and oranges are also seen.
Gnarl Racial Traits Edit
- +2 Strength, -2 Charisma. Gnarls are very strong, but tend to lack manners.
- Humanoid (Gnoll): Gnarls are Humanoids with the Gnoll subtype.
- Medium: Gnarls are medium-sized characters.
- Darkvision: Gnarls can see 60 feet in the dark. Darkvision is in black and white.
- Ferocity: Gnarls receive a +4 racial bonus on Intimidate checks. In addition, they may chose to use their strength modifier for intimidate checks instead of their charisma bonus if they wish.
- Tough Hide: Gnarls receive a +1 natural armor bonus.
- Gnarl Tenacity: Gnarls receive Toughness and Diehard as bonus feats.
- Automatic Languages: Common, Gnoll. Bonus Languages: Draconic, Elven, Goblin, Halfling, Orc.