The process of Character Creation for Amaran characters are laid out here.
Determine Ability Scores Edit
Character's stats are determined by the point buy system, using 32 point-buy. Most characters have stats ranging from 8 to 18, though some races may have higher or lower stats.
Choose a Race Edit
Amar is home to many of the standard races found in the Player's Handbook. In addition, Amar is home to:
- Aarakocra: Avian humanoids that can take to the skies.
- Blue: A race of small goblinoids with a knack for psionics.
- Bullywug: A race of amphibious frog-like humanoids.
- Dwarf, Glacier: Dwarves that have inhabited the frozen wastes north of Amar.
- Githyanki: Lithe, green humanoids with a resistance to mental assault.
- Gnarl: Half-gnolls that mostly inhabit grasslands.
- Half-Nymph: Graceful fey that have a strong connection to the natural world.
- Lesser Drow: Dark Elves that have since rejoined with their cousins in worshiping Corellon Larethian.
- Shadar-Kai: Fey from the plane of shadow.
- Troll-Kin: A magical cross-breed of trolls and humans.
- Umberling: Large insectoids known to cause confusion with their stare.
- Yuan-Ti Pureblood: Serpentine humanoids with silver tongues.
|Race||Adulthood||Simple (Rogue)||Moderate (Fighter)||Complex (Wizard)|
|Dwarf, Glacier||40 years||+3d6||+5d6||+7d6|
|Lesser Drow||110 years||+4d6||+6d6||+10d6|
|Yuan-ti Pureblood||15 years||+1d6||+2d6||+3d6|
|Race||Middle Age||Old||Venerable||Maximum Age|
|Aarakocra||50 years||90 years||130 years||+4d10 years|
|Blue||30 years||50 years||70 years||+2d10 years|
|Bullywug||35 years||55 years||75 years||+3d10 years|
|Dwarf, Glacier||125 years||188 years||250 years||+2d% years|
|Gnarl||26 years||35 years||42 years||+1d10 years|
|Half-Nymph||75 years||150 years||200 years||+6d10 years|
|Lesser Drow||175 years||263 years||350 years||+4d% years|
|Shadar-Kai||100 years||175 years||250 years||+1d% years|
|Troll-Kin||40 years||65 years||85 years||+3d10 years|
|Yuan-ti Pureblood||50 years||80 years||125 years||+4d10 years|
|Race||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Aarakocra, male||4' 6"||+2d10||80 lb.||x(1d4) lb.|
|Aarakocra, female||4' 6"||+2d10||80 lb.||x(1d4) lb.|
|Blue, male||2' 6"||+1d8||35 lb.||x1 lb.|
|Blue, female||2' 5"||+1d6||30 lb.||x1 lb.|
|Bullywug, male||4' 0"||+4d8||120 lb.||x(1d6) lb.|
|Bullywug, female||3' 8"||+4d6||95 lb.||x(1d4) lb.|
|Dwarf, Glacier, male||3' 10"||+2d4||145 lb.||x(2d6) lb.|
|Dwarf, Glacier, female||3' 8"||+2d4||110 lb.||x(2d6) lb.|
|Gnarl, male||5' 8"||+2d6||150 lb.||x(2d6) lb.|
|Gnarl, female||5' 4"||+2d6||135 lb.||x(2d4) lb.|
|Half-Nymph, male||4' 4"||+2d6||80 lb.||x(1d6) lb.|
|Half-Nymph, female||4' 4"||+2d6||80 lb.||x(1d6) lb.|
|Lesser Drow, male||4' 5"||+2d6||85 lb.||x(1d6) lb.|
|Lesser Drow, female||4' 5"||+2d6||85 lb.||x(1d6) lb.|
|Shadar-Kai, male||4' 8"||+3d4||100 lb.||x(2d4) lb.|
|Shadar-Kai, female||4' 4"||+3d4||90 lb.||x(2d4) lb.|
|Troll-Kin, male||5' 6"||+2d10||180 lb.||x(2d6) lb.|
|Troll-Kin, female||5' 4"||+2d10||165 lb.||x(2d6) lb.|
|Yuan-ti Pureblood, male||5' 4"||+2d10||100 lb.||x(1d6) lb.|
|Yuan-ti Pureblood, female||5' 2"||+2d10||85 lb.||x(1d6) lb.|
Choose a Class Edit
Amar is home to members of every class, including most prestige classes. For house rules for specific base and prestige classes, check Classes of Amar.
At first level, each character chooses either a craft skill, a knowledge skill, perform skill, or a profession skill. She always is treated as having maximum skill ranks in that skill.
- When selecting the knowledge (local) skill, chose a region from among the regions within Amar. You may make knowledge (local) checks within that region with no penalty. You may make such checks for other regions at a -4 penalty.